Some of the key changes include:
- A greater focus on the assessment process - linking concepts to specific knowledge.
- A removal of the concepts booklet for students - replacing this with very specific, student friendly mark schemes for every assessment.
- A revision of the totalisers for Y7-9 so students can keep track of their progress in a general sense as well as a specific conceptual sense
- The introduction of a student assessment system based on effort and progress rather than arbitrary grading.
- The revision of some of the concepts to remove on or two of the more esoteric signposts.
- Renaming the Concepts to Learning Objectives (I know - it felt wrong, but kids know what this means).
- Drafting two example assessments to show how the process of assessment might work in practice.
- The writing of student friendly versions of the concepts in the format: What do go historians do?
- The production of new poster materials for classrooms.
- The removal of generic descriptors in mark schemes altogether and hopefully a greater focus on the specific.
- A rationale for planning and teaching in the new KS3.
All thoughts and comments appreciated.